I’ve just heard the sad news that Edwin Morgan has died at the age of 90. Due to the long and lingering nature of his final illness, it’s news that a lot of us had known was coming, and yet it has come as a shock to me. Many tributes are now being written, but I will just say that I’m glad to have known him, to have shared an occasional platform with him, to have attended his 90th birthday party earlier this year, and to have had the huge pleasure of reading poetry by one of our most original and gifted poets. He didn’t just belong to Glasgow, or to Scotland, he belonged to humanity. Farewell Eddie.
- The back cover June 3, 2017
- Stepping down April 29, 2017
- Past and Present March 7, 2017
- Ian Hamilton Finlay, Little Sparta and other matters February 18, 2017
- An Epiphany January 29, 2017