Callander’s Poetry Weekend went off very successfully, despite the poor weather, and the horrendous journeys some folk had getting there. Daytime sessions on the Saturday were held in the Kirk Hall, and by the beginning of the afternoon set the hall was full. The shop was full on the Sunday too. Sally provided haggis for lunch on the Saturday, to follow the Burns mini-conference, and after the last Sunday session everyone trooped off for a boat trip on Loch Katrine. I was impressed by the quality of the readers, by Sally and Ian’s hospitality, and by the warm and friendly atmosphere – a lovely weekend.
- Stepping down April 29, 2017
- Past and Present March 7, 2017
- Ian Hamilton Finlay, Little Sparta and other matters February 18, 2017
- An Epiphany January 29, 2017
- The trouble with phones January 20, 2017