On my bookshelf at the moment:
1. I’m re-reading George B Schaller’s Wildlife of the Tibetan Steppe, since returning from that region. It puts it in some ecological perspective. We didn’t see chiru (Tibetan antelope), but we saw some of the other Tibetan ungulates.
2. Earth Shattering: ecopoems, ed by Neil Astley. I’m doing an eco-poetry workshop in December, so this has come out just at the right time.
3, 4 and 5 : Robert Hass: Time and Materials, Frerick Seidel: Selected Poems, Brian Turner: Here, Bullet. Catching up with three American poets.
6. Frances Leviston: Public Dream. Looking forward to reading this fine poet’s first collection.
7. Luke Kennard: The Harbour Beyond the Movie. Halfway through this excellent collection.
8. Sophie Hannah: Pessimism for Beginners. The PBS choice this season. I’ve enjoyed her previous collections – haven’t started this one yet.
9. Robert Crawford: Scotland’s Books. The Penguin history of Scottish literature.